Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Word Cloud


I have heard about using word cloud and the fun of using it in the classroom. I have to admit it was on my teaching "to do" list, but sadly until now I had not explored the fun. It is a creative way to brainstorm or express a topic. Part of the fun is looking at the art piece and thinking about each word individually and its relation to the topic. My students enjoyed finding the words and highlighting them. The completed word cloud continued topic discussion in our class when one student questioned the use of one of our words. It is a fresh look at brainstorming and is simple to use...even my first graders can do it!

If I look at the two word clouds I created for NETS they both show the emphasis and connection to technology. The 2008 standards reveal a more student centered focus, while the 2000 standards reflect the inclusion of technology for student learning.

Below are the links for both of my NETS Wordles and my classroom Wordle on the constitution, which we created today for Constitution Day.
The Constitution, by Mrs. Mitchell's First Graders



NETS 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment