Friday, September 13, 2013

Jing Screencast


It took me a while to figure out what to screencast. I am gearing up for Back to School Night and I will be sharing some at home learning options with my student's parents. I decided to create a screen cast to teach them how to navigate through the online reading web site our students use. This way they can use it at home as well. Here is my screencast for Tumble Books.


It was fairly simple to create and share a screencast once I became a little familiar with Jing. The "sun" or Jing icon in the top corner of the web screen allows the user to pull down a box to capture the screen. Once I captured the area, I pressed the record option in the bottom left of the screen. Once it begins recording, then everything you do on screen is recorded for the future viewer. Simply click the stop button when done.
Once you stop there are save options. Saving can be done by uploading it to a file on your computer. It saves as a SWF video. It also provides a URL that can be pasted and shared as a link. It can also be found in your Jing history.

No comments:

Post a Comment