Friday, September 6, 2013

DIIGO

After exploring DIIGO I am beyond excited to begin using it. I have already stored a few frequently used sites to my page along with a useful YouTube video.  I shared some of the capabilities with my team of teachers and we may share a login as a place to house some useful sites we need to share. When I first started exploring DIIGO, downloaded the add on and created an account, I was using Google Chrome. It was extremely user friendly, easy to navigate and everything was one click away. However, the following day I went back to my page and experienced much more trouble when working in Safari. The DIIGO browser add on in Chrome was much better. Now I only use it when I am in that browser.

I feel the use of DIIGO relates best to NETS standards 5, Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership, and 3d, Model Digital-Age Working and Learning where teachers evaluate and use information resources to support research and learning.
NETS standard 5, Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers can use this resource as a means to grow their team knowledge and work collaboratively with other teachers in their community to better store resources for learning and teaching. This is one way I have begun to incorporate the tool into my professional development.
NETS standard 3d, Model Digital-Age Working and Learning where teachers evaluate and use information resources to support research and learning
Teachers can teach students how to use this add on to better their performance on papers, reserch and learning of all types. I see this happening in an older grade where students are already familiar with computers, browsing and researching. In my 1st grade class this may not be a realistic tool for my students, but in time they will learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment