Monday, October 21, 2013

Excel

Today we learned how to do some new things in Excel. I use Excel fairly often when I want to compare my students scores against one another or if I want to group them by similarities in their answer choices. By downloading the analysis toolpac it was simple to run the analysis and rearrange the data. The add in allows for customization of analysis breakdown and creates a new spreadsheet within the existing file.
Below is my scatter plot for the data that shows how each state performed in 4th grade reading for 2011. You will notice that 7 states scores above my state, Virginia. My state, Virginia, is doing quit well considering they are performing above the average by 1 standard deviation, or 6 points. With only 7 states scoring higher that puts Virginia in the top third of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment